Friday, September 2, 2011

The Wonders of a Magickal Household :)

     I have been in Houston, Texas since July 29, 2011. And what is the significance? One asks as they are reading this. Well the significance being that I moved to Texas with the biggest hopes of finding, or being able to build my own serenity in a sense. My ultimate goal being; practice and learn more about my religion.
     One month in... and I got mad at myself the other day because I thought I hadn't done a single thing towards my goal. A month! All starting with my forgetting to put a travel charm on my luggage before the flight... something so simple and quick. FAIL!
     Last week my boyfriend turns around and looks at me and says, "Babe you have been aware of your goals subconsciously! You had me driving all over town for a green candle and crazy scents for some 'healing crap' remember?" Oh yeah... I needed my damn green candle! I am very specific! "And you didn't let anyone into the new apartment until you went in by yourself and 'blessed' it." Yes that is true... "You've been looking into herbs that will grow in our patio. You hung a charm outside our door for who knows what..."
     The only way I can explain it, is that when magic is a part of your nature, somethings just come to do naturally. Does that make any sense? After years and years of having some things engraved in us, they are second nature. But then there are things that pop out of nowhere sometimes... and it's like, "How the hell did I know to do that?!?"


Instant Purification!
There are a lot of little things that I do that to him are a bit odd. Among them being one thing I did just most recently. I went out side to smoke a cigarette in my patio. It had been a very nice day. Out of nowhere something odd happened, it was just a BAD feeling.. I immediately ran inside the house a took out one myrrh and one cinnamon incense stick... lit them, and started waiving them in my right hand, as if bringing in towards me. I did this to each room and bathroom, and then when I got to the patio, I switched hands, went to the left and changed directions of the waiving. I was waiving away and out all the negative and bad energy from my home... then I left the two incense sticks burning outside on my patio.


Long Distance Healing
Given that I haven't been able to find any reputable occult stores in Houston, I was very limited on what I could do in either of the cases mentioned above. I had a long distance friend who had contacted me and needed my help. To keep details short, she asked for help in the form of a healing charm or spell. I had done one before, though many years before, I remembered most of the ingredients and began my 4-day witch hunt. (HA!) But don't think I waited these four days to direct any energy towards my friend either! Any chance I got, or that she randomly popped into my head, I took a minute to direct my healing energies in her direction. I also had her burn both a blue and purple candle empowered by her with lavender oil... She's into meditating, so I told her to use the flames as a center and focus her thoughts on being healthy and without pain. I also suggested constantly burning myrrh.
    Now... when I finally had all of my supplies: 4 white taper candles to represent the 4 directions (placed at the 4 corners of my table),  1 pillar green candle (placed in the middle of my table), sandalwood oil (for white candles) and lavendar oil (for green candle), 4 gems, and Cinnamon Incense (only because this is all I had available. I would have preferred Myrrh and Sage).
     I'm only placing 4 gems, and not specifying, because for learning purposes, you should look for stones and gems that pertain to your ailment in particular. And sometimes the stone that would pertain will get to you in the mail, and you feel no energy from it. I bought 10 different gems and picked the 4 that a felt most attuned to me. (Again I don't know if this makes sense... in any case, my choices were lapis, aquamarine, moss agate, and rhodochrosite). Each gem is placed at each corner of the altar (table). (It's a good idea to empower your gems by carrying them with you or holding them for short periods throughout the day, or days before ritual takes place.)
     My rituals are always silent, and more meditative then anything. If I have room to move around, such as my living room (I have discovered haha) I can create a bigger circle and prance around the room if I choose. But when its my usual tiny lil patio space, its lotus position on the concrete, centered on the box out line that I call my table.  (^_^) Ive got my 4 corners and my center, that's all that anybody really needs. To purify my ritual space I simply light my incense and walk around the perimeter of my little patio slowly, as if I were in a walking meditative state, in a clockwise direction, until I come back around. I like to go all around 3 times, it's a small patio, but since I do no speaking, I feel it really helps get my energy through better. Once I have purified my space I sit down at my altar and consecrate and empower my supplies, which is in this case my candles and my gems. The gems should already be empowered, so they may be placed at the corners (place them where it feels they want to go, I'm not very familiar yet with elemental and astrological correspondences). I began empowering with my East candle, moving clock wise to South, West, North. When empowering the candles it important to visualize the guardians of that specific tower, and asking them to help in delivering the task at hand. Once I get to my green candle, the visualization is PURELY on the task at hand. In my case purely on healing my friend and ridding her of all pain and envisioning her in good health.
     Once all my candles have been empowered and placed in there positions in the altar, I take a minute to ground all on my energies, I then start lighting all my candles, starting with my East (top right corner), and moving down clock wise, ending with the green pillar candle. Once all the candles are lit, its time to meditate and focus on where I want all of the energies of this ritual to go. I think of this as a moment of deep envisioning and prayer. I am envisioning my friend becoming better in health and no longer being in pain, but I am also asking the Gods to please help my friend become better, as I am sending my own energies to help her as well.  I attain this deep focus/visualization for as long as possible, and once I can no longer keep my focus, I thank the guardians and Gods and Goddesses for aiding me in my ritual, and I start blowing out the candles. I start with my green pillar candle, then my East candle, and move counter-clockwise. To close the circle, using the same incense as before, which should still be burning, I move around my entire patio space 3 times counter-clockwise. I then put away all of my materials and I am done. I felt it only necessary to do the ritual once.

House Blessing
     All I had when we moved into out new apartment... was a cinnamon incense stick... That's it. No candles, no herbs, no crystals or gems... NADA. I anointed the cinnamon stick with sandalwood oil and empowered it with positive thoughts and goodwill toward our new home. Such things as no arguing, a steady income, no burglary, no negative energies, only positive thoughts and good business energies... all things of the sort.
    I lit the insence in the center of the inside of the house. I take a moment to ground and center my energy and then start moving slowly in a meditative walk along the perimeter of the inside of the entire house in a clockwise direction, keeping all of the positive aspects that I want to come into my new home. Go in and all around every room, closet and restroom. All positive thoughts and energy directed towards the entire household.
     Once every room in the house has been covered, I go to every door and window. At every door and window, I first outline the opening clockwise, draw a pentagram in the air in the middle of the opening, and then outline the opening counter clockwise. I did this to ensure no bad energy or spirits try to enter the household.
     Everything is done with the incense sticks, pointing them as if they were a wand, per say. Once the perimeter had been purified and the openings had been "secured", my new apartment was finally ready for move in! Now starting at the center of the house again, I move along the perimeter counter clockwise along the entire house. I return to the center, ground, and the circle has been closed.

----------------------------------------------


The last thing my boyfriend told me was, "And you have a wish-list on Amazon with all the new magic books you want. Future reading?" INDEED! I have much to learn still... I cant be pulling shit out of a hat all the time! And Myrrh and green candles sure as hell aren't the answer for everything! Haha.
   
   So after running a few errands today I decided to purchase my new book for the month. The Magical Household by Scott Cunningham & David Harrington. That along with my already lovely collection of occult texts should lead up to some interesting future journal entries! (^_^)




No comments:

Post a Comment